7 Best Life Coach Certifications Online 2022: Reviews and Pricing
Are you looking for top-shelf life coach certifications in 2022?
Becoming a life coach is one of the best career choices that you can make. It is one of the fastest-growing industries in the world, and there is a growing demand for life coaches. The life coach industry has a 5.4% growth rate per year. It has a lot of exciting opportunities irrespective of where you live. There are several life coach certifications online that you can take to gain the necessary skills, become accredited, and start and grow your business.
Online certifications are best for developing relevant skills and competencies without leaving your current job or work. There aren't any strict enrollment requirements. You can still enroll in any life coach online certification program even if you don't have a relevant degree or experience. Self-pacing is another feature that makes these certifications ideal.
So, what are the best life coach certifications online that you can choose? Let's find out.
Table of Contents
1. Institute of Professional Excellence in Coaching
Founded by Bruce Schneider, the Institute of Professional Excellence in Coaching (iPEC) offers one of the best life coach certifications. It has a comprehensive training program that offers three certifications. If you are a serious contestant and want to start your life coaching business after certification, this is the program you need to join.
Let's see the features and main benefits of this online life coach certification program:
- An online certification program for people who want to become an ICF accredited life coach
- Three different certifications, including ICF certification
- Learn from certified coaches who have years of experience in the field
- A very detailed coaching program having 200 accredited training hours
- You receive in-person live training from experts
- Webinars, worksheets, self-study, in-person sessions, one-to-one sessions with a mentor coach, and access to iPEC's coach community network
- Select your coaching specialty and get specific knowledge relevant to your industry. There are ten specialties to choose from
- Improves coaching skills that will help you become a better coach
- You'll learn the basics of business and marketing to help you start your business
One thing you might not like about the iPEC life coach program is its price. With a price tag of $11,950, it is one of the most expensive certifications I have reviewed. There are no payment plans available that make things worse.
However, you get three certifications from a highly reputable institute. Additionally, it is best for beginners serious about the life coach business. It doesn't just focus on teaching you how to become a coach, but it shows you how to start your business and how to promote it.
This makes it one of the best programs on this list.
Despite some significant drawbacks, including no option of self-paced studying and high cost, iPEC life coach certification offers much value. It is a comprehensive and reliable online certification program for new and experienced coaches. You'll have several one-to-one sessions with professional coaches and mentors and get all the resources you need to become one of the best life coaches in a field of your choice.
2. Core Essentials Program by Coach U
Coach U is a leading coach training program provider that offers online programs for life coaches with ICF accreditation. The Core Essentials Program (CEP) is an approved certification that fulfills the requirements of ICF accreditation.
It is a 77-hour professional life coach course that comes with a certification. It is an online (distance learning) program. You'll get access to all the course materials and everything you need to become an ICF-certified coach. The program is self-paced, which means you can complete courses, projects, assignments, and quizzes according to your availability.
Here are the key features of the CEP by Coach U:
- It is an online program that allows self-pacing
- It meets all the requirements of ICF accreditation
- You'll get access to all the training material with your enrollment
- It covers 15 courses geared towards developing the necessary competencies in the students
- You'll get access to several forms, resources, checklists, assessments, and tools
- It teaches you a step-by-step technique to becoming a certified coach and how to start your business
- You can switch to an intensive program and complete it in 6 days
The price of the Core Essentials Program is $3,995. It includes the price of resources and learning materials. If you want to switch to the intensive CEP (6-day program), it will cost you $5,095. This makes it an affordable life coach certification online program.
The Core Essentials Program by Coach U is the foundational program best for beginners. It is reasonably priced and comes with everything you need to start your career. If you are in a hurry, you can switch to an intensive program and complete it in 6 days.
Since it is an introductory course, it doesn't cover many business and marketing lessons. Once you complete CEP, there is still a need for advanced certification.
3. Professional Essentials Program by Coach U
The professional life coach certification program by Coach U is ICF-accredited. The Professional Essentials Program (PEP) is for those who have already completed the Core Essentials Program or are already ICF coaches. It is an advanced certification that helps you improve and refine your coaching competencies. It has 72 hours of training that includes elective and mandatory courses. You'll get over 1,000 pages of course material, resources, and curriculum showing the program's depth.
The ultimate goal of the certification is to prepare you for ICF accreditation at different levels, such as:
- Associate Certified Coach (ACC)
- Professional Certified Coach (PCC)
- Master Certified Coach (MCC).
Here is an overview of the key features of the PEP certification:
- An online certification program that you can complete at your own pace
- Approved by ICF under the Accredited Coach Training Program Track (ACTP)
- An advanced training program that polishes and enhances your life coaching skills and competencies
- It comes with all the resources you need, including 1,000+ pages of PDF files
- You'll have to complete weekly online assignments that are ideal for accountability
- It includes marketing and business courses that help you start your business
- The timing is flexible, and there aren't any restrictions and rules. You can complete courses at your pace
The price of the PEP is $4,195. It doesn't come with any payment plans. It is more expensive than the basic CEP certification, but it is an advanced program that covers everything you need to become a top life coach.
The Professional Essentials Program is best for those who have completed the Core Essentials Program. There isn't any fast track option available, but you can complete it at your pace, provided you complete weekly assignments.
The program is very detailed and comprehensive. If you are serious about life coaching and want to take your skills and coaching business to the next level, this certification is a must.
4. The Certified Coach Program by Coach Training Alliance
Coach Training Alliance (CTA) offers one of the most reputable life coach certifications, guaranteeing you'll get at least two paying clients before graduation. CTA meets the Approved Coach Specific Training Hours (ACSTH) criteria and is a 22-week online accredited certification program that takes six months to complete.
It is a comprehensive coaching program that uses different training approaches. You'll receive 346-pages of online material and resources, including 8 hours of audio files. You will be attending weekly online classes along with group mentoring sessions, coach the coach, self-study material, and assignments. A typical week will have up to 90 minutes of tele-sessions and 2 hours of self-study. You'll receive a certificate upon completion.
Here are the main features of the Certified Coach Program:
- It is a highly credible and comprehensive online life coach certification program
- Accredited by ICF and ACSTH
- It is an award-winning life coach training and certification program in the USA
- The program uses different teaching methods, including self-study, group sessions, tele-sessions, and one-to-one coaching sessions
- You'll cover 20 lessons that cover coaching, business, and marketing
- It consists of real-life coaching projects
- You'll join a private Facebook group where you get additional support from peers and coaches
- It comes with a guarantee of getting at least two paid clients before you complete your certification
- You get a complimentary website and hosting to help you start your coaching business
- You'll get the official CTA Certified Coach insignia that you can use on your website and social media accounts
- Different payment plans
The price of the program is $3,547, making it one of the most affordable accredited life coach certifications online. The cost covers everything, including resources, materials, and certification. There are no hidden charges.
The Certified Coach Program by CTA has received an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau. It is one of the best, most credible, and affordable life coach certifications on this list. It is ideal for anyone who wants to start their life coaching business. It prepares you to start your business as soon as you graduate.
If you have time and can spare 6-months, you should enroll without a second thought.
5. Life Coaching Certification Course by Kain Ramsay
The Life Coaching Certification Course is your best bet if you are looking for a professional and cost-effective life coach certification. You can get this on Udemy at a very reasonable price. Kain Ramsay is the co-founder of the Academy of Modern Applied Psychology (Achology) which focuses on delivering psychology-based training in new ways.
The course consists of 46+ hours of video content and more than 30 resources for the lifetime. It comes with lifetime access to all the resources. You can complete the courses at your own pace and access material from any device (including mobile and TV). It teaches you the 7-stage life coaching framework by Achology. You'll receive a certificate of completion from Achology.
The key features of the course are:
- A bestseller online life coach certification program on Udemy
- Suitable for both beginners and advanced candidates
- A self-paced program that you can complete whenever you want
- It comes loaded with several resources, including PDFs, audio files, worksheets, and more
- You get lifetime access to the course and all the materials
- Get a certification of completion from Achology
- An affordable life coach certification program
The Life Coaching Certification Course costs $129.99. This makes it the cheapest life coaching program that gives you lifetime access to the lectures and content.
It isn't an ICF-accredited life coach certification. Instead, you'll receive a completion certification from Achology. So, it is best for beginners who want to learn about life coaching and already accredited life coaches who wish to learn new ways and techniques of coaching.
If you are interested in becoming an ICF-accredited life coach and want to start your business and acquire clients, this might not be the best course for you.
6. Certified Associate Coach by the Institute for Life Coach Training
The Institute of Life Coach Training (ILCT) offers different life coach training programs. It is an ACTP that offers six different specializations for life coaches. This makes its ICF's Associate Certified Coach (ACC) one of the best life coach certifications online in the market.
It is an online live certification program that prepares you for the ICF certification. The program consists of foundational courses covering three modules: You as a Coach, Business of Coaching, and From the Inside Out. You don't just learn about coaching; it also covers the basics of business and marketing. Other program sections include ICF-approved elective courses, mentor coaching sessions, coaching experience, and performance evaluation.
Here are the main features of the ACC program:
- A credited ACTP institute that offers a comprehensive online certification
- You'll complete all the requirements of the ICF ACC ACSTH and will be able to complete CKA
- It provides live online classes and sessions that allow you to learn from the mentors in live classes
- It covers both foundational and elective course requirements
- You'll have several sessions with your coaches and mentors
- It comes with a detailed performance evaluation that includes a transcript and audio recording
- Helps you start your coaching business
- You'll receive a certificate upon completion
The Associate Certified Coach costs $4,180. There isn't any additional cost associated with the certification. It covers everything, including 10 hours of mentor coaching. There isn't any funding option available.
It is an excellent certification for life coaches that develops and enhances the right skills and competencies. However, there are a few things that you must consider. It requires 6-8 months to complete the program, mainly due to the live sessions. So, if you are OK with investing this much time, go for it.
Yes, the price is high as compared to most of the other certifications, and this is because it is a very comprehensive program that meets all the ICF requirements for ACC certification.
7. Master Certified Life Coach by Certified Life Coach Institute
The Certified Life Coach Institute (CLCI) is an ICF-accredited institute that offers accredited coach hours. It offers two different certifications: Certified Life Coach and Master Certified Life Coach. You can complete and get the certification in three days. To qualify for the Master Certified Life Coach, you'll have to complete the Level 1 Certified Life Coach 3-day intensive program (32.8 hours).
The best thing about this life coach online certification is that you can get two certificates in 6 days from an ICF-approved institute. This makes it the best coaching program for people who don't want to wait for months to get the certificate.
You'll cover all types of courses, including coaching, business, and marketing. You'll have to complete assignments and quizzes and practice CKA questions that will prepare you for the CKA exam.
The key features of the certification program are:
- A reputable and 5-start life coaching institute
- Two online intensive training programs that you can complete in 3-days each
- Affordable. Especially if you register for both the certifications together
- The courses cover coaching competencies, business, and marketing so that you can start your life coaching business after graduation
- It prepares you for the ACC CKA examination by fulfilling all the course and hour requirements
- Detailed question-and-answer sessions and one-on-one discussions
One of the best things about the certification by CLCI is that it is very affordable. The Master Certified Life Coach is priced at $1,295, while the Certified Life Coach will cost you $995 if bought separately. If you register for both the certifications together, it will cost you $1,995.
The cost covers everything, including resources and certifications. However, it doesn't include 10 hours of mentor coaching, an essential ACC ICF credential requirement. The CLCI offers a mentor coaching package separately, priced at $1,595. So, if you are interested in an ICF credential, add this cost to the total.
The Master Certified Life Coach by CLCI is perfect for beginners and those interested in completing coursework quickly. You can complete all ICF 60 hours in 6 days. So, it is perfect for those who don't have the time to get their life coach certification online.
On the other hand, you'll have to register for the mentor coaching program separately, a 3-month program if you are interested in ICF credentialing. This doesn't just add time but more cost to the certification.
What's the Right Life Coach Certification Online for You?
So, what life coach certification program you'll choose from the list above?
Enrolling in the right life coach certification program is a crucial step for any beginner. If you are starting, accreditation is an essential factor. Select an ICF accredited institute and approved program despite its cost. Approved certification programs will charge you more, but you'll become ICF credentialed, which is essential for any life coach.
There are other factors too that you consider before making a decision, such as time commitment. If you are already doing your business, you must choose a certification that doesn't mess up your coaching schedule.
A life coach certification isn't a silver bullet. A single certificate won't make you an expert in the field. You'll have to take multiple certifications over time to acquire new skills. Choose a specialization and master it.
Specialization or a niche for life coaching is the key to success. The earlier you do it, the better. Focus on a niche and excel in it. After getting the primary certification, you can enroll for specialized life coach certifications online.