So you're looking for the best work order software? As your manufacturing capacity and facility grows, so does your need for maintenance management. Eventually, every facility has to make a decision. That decision is to help their dedicated maintenance department with management software. Otherwise known as a work order software.
Businesses that work with large and heavy assets and equipment can't afford downtime. In fact, even software companies need to be running constantly to get the necessary customer satisfaction.
If something breaks down, you can't wait for email notifications with maintenance tasks. You need a mobile work order software system that immediately delegates the task to a maintenance team. After all, speed to respond is critical.
What is Work Order Software?
Word order software is a management system designed to deal with customers and work information. It's mostly used to deal with maintenance requests inside a .
Typically, you can assign the work manually. Research shows, however, that using a work order system is much more efficient. This is why more than 50% of companies use computer-related tools and software for maintenance management.
All work order software solutions simplify the work order process. Letting you create, assign, and track work orders and multiple employees. Most software updates every order status continually, in real-time. Along with detailed order reports and analytics, you have a complete maintenance management system.
To delve deeper, are some typical types of work order management systems. Along with a list of the best work order software, you can find in the market.
Types of Work Order Management Software Systems
It really depends on the when it comes to maintenance software. Some companies prefer CMMS solutions while others want a full-fledged work order management software.
are the 3 main types of work order management systems.
1. Simple Work Order Software Systems
Work order systems are designed with a simple objective, assign, track, and record work orders. The tool allows for real-time tracking of all work orders through a centralized platform.
Such systems are mostly designed for small businesses that don't have time to handle redundant tasks. The more simplicity and automation you can have in a small business, the more time you have for other things.
CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System) tools are designed for large businesses. They're complete management systems that have repair and preventive maintenance features designed to manage entire maintenance processes.
CMMS software provides you with a computerized maintenance team. Meanwhile, it also has several value-added features like preventative maintenance schedules, asset history, etc.
The system lets you keep track of all critical equipment and assets while keeping an eye on the staff.
FSM (Field Management) systems are designed for companies with field workers. Whether they are field technicians, salespeople, or any other kind of field employees, you can track them, assign them tasks, and measure their performance.
The systems also allow for invoicing clients remotely. They also let you work in tandem with other teams in the field, communicate with them, and share any relevant information, files, etc.
This kind of software is great for companies that have field employees scattered in different locations.
Best Work Order Software for 2021
If you're wondering which work order software will work for you in 2021 and which ones have free trials, 's a list to help you out. Keep in mind that your decision should be based on your 's size, the of employees you have, where they work, what their job descriptions are, and the of work orders you need.
|My Rank||Site Name||Quality (1-5 Stars)|
1. Limble CMMS
We rated Limble CMMS as the #1 work order software. Its platform is built on the feedback and insights from over 200 maintenance and facility managers. Limble provides an easy-to-use iOS and Android mobile app, and includes all the features technicians and managers need to streamline maintenance work orders, increase productivity, and ensure timely communication without headaches from paperwork or manual processes.
- Preventive Maintenance
- Predictive Maintenance
- Work Requests
- Optimized and easy-to-use mobile apps
- Asset Management
- Work Orders
- Reports and Dashboards
- Parts/Inventory Management
- Vendor Management
- Multiple Language CMMS
Limble CMMS is one of the best at providing a detailed understanding of every asset. The work order software makes maintenance work easy and proof is that users, on average, see a 30% boost in overall communication and productivity. What would a 30% boost in productivity do for your business?
Key Takeaways and Highlights:
- Good mobile app
- Built on insights by real users
- Detailed dashboards and reporting
- Easy to set-up and use
- Free 30-day trial
Limble CMMS Pricing
Limble CMMS offers four pricing plans, each with a free 30-day trial. are the details:
- Starter – work order automation for small businesses at $50 per user per month or $40 per user per month, billed annually.
- Professional – a modern CMMS solution for SMEs at $80 per user per month, billed monthly or $70 per user per month, billed annually.
- Business Plus+ – CMMS for businesses priced at $120 per user per month (billed monthly) or $105 per user per month (billed annually).
- Enterprise – advanced CMMS for enterprises priced at $205 per user per month (billed monthly) or $185 per user per month (billed annually).
MaintainX is one of the best work order software in the market currently. The user-friendly work order management solution lets you try out the software with a free plan first.
You can create as many orders as you want, create assets, locations, and invite however many users you need.
The intuitive design of the software provides easy form-making mechanics which makes it easy to create, customize, and assign work orders.
There is a built-in communication network that lets teams communicate and work together. You can comment, message, and access asset history in any work order request.
You can have mobile access to MaintainX from any device connected to the internet. The has also designed an intuitive work order app for both Android and iOS smartphones. Thus, you can access, customize, and update mobile work orders on the go.
You can also upload photos and draw on them to relay information. This feature can also be used as proof of work completion.
All actions and processes in MaintainX's software are recorded and time-stamped. This lets you create a detailed audit log that you can access whenever you want.
MaintainX's Key Features
MaintainX has a lot of features and benefits that differentiate it from its competitors, are a few noticeable ones.
- There are customized forms for work orders, procedures, and inspections.
- Fast and simple work order form creation
- Repeatable work orders
- Complete work order tracking, audit logs, and real-time reporting
- Send as many messages as you want
- Work with as many assets and locations as you want
- Full automation and scheduling of work orders
- Multiple device access through intuitive mobile apps
- Photos and PDFs upload feature
- API-based integration with third-party tools
Four pricing plans are available:
- Basic –
- Essential – $10 per user monthly.
- Premium - $39 per user monthly.
- Enterprise – $115 per user monthly.
Alternatively, you can save 17% with annual billing.
UpKeep is used as a work order software by a lot of companies. However, primarily, it's a CMMS software.
You can use it to create and manage recurring work orders. The mobile app lets field technicians and employees update work order status constantly. Which means it also has FSM capabilities.
Each work order can have a priority level and when you assign it to an employee, it sends a push notification depending based on the priority level.
The smart automated system distributes work orders to specifically approved technicians. This helps avoid the unequal distribution of workloads.
3. UpKeep's Key Features
UpKeep is a well-rounded and simple work order software. Here are some of the key benefits and features it provides.
- Complete CMMS capabilities
- Simple work order creation, management, and tracking in real-time
- Fully automated processes and smart workflows
- You can track the time and cost associated with each work order.
- There are several different kinds of reports to help you understand and evaluate work orders.
- A dedicated mobile app lets you control everything remotely.
Three pricing plans are on offer, which are:
- Starter – $40 per user, billed monthly or $35 per user, billed annually.
- Professional – $75 per user per month or $60 per user per month, billed monthly and annually respectively.
- Business Plus – $100 per user per month, billed annually for minimum 5 users.
Jobber is primarily an FSM dealing with field processes. It has a work request and scheduling tool designed for businesses.
The tool helps collaborate with field teams when new customer orders are received, an order needs updating, or when you need to assign work.
The software makes creating and assigning work orders easy by providing a drag-and-drop calendar.
You can also actively receive work requests from clients which are automatically converted into a job that can be assigned to a field worker.
Jobber's Key Features
Jobber is a great FSM system and works wonders for companies who use it. are some benefits of using it.
- There is a dedicated mobile app
- You get a drag-and-drop calendar for better order creation and scheduling.
- There are several work requests and job form templates
- You have access to several reporting and analytics software options.
- A built-in messaging option lets you collaborate with teams around you
- Turn on push notifications to stay up-to-date
- Uploading visual stimuli like photos to make work requests more relevant.
- It's practically a scheduling app under the guise of work order management.
Three pricing plans are available:
- Core – $29 per month, billed annually or $39 monthly.
- Connect – for up to 7 users at $99 per user per month, billed annually or $129 per user, billed monthly.
- Grow – for up to 30 users at $199 per user per month, billed annually, or $249 per user, billed monthly.
ManagerPlus is considered to be a dedicated work order-generator working on tight schedules. The software is a maintenance management software filled with features like field agent management, work order creation, assigning, and asset management among other things.
The software has a dedicated mobile app that lets you create and manage work orders while also giving you a built-in messaging platform.
It's practically a CRM solution with an intuitive dashboard that lets you manage and take of your vendors and clients. You can communicate with them, update them on work progress, and share files.
ManagerPlus's Key Features
The maintenance management software is a unique software that acts as both a CMMS and an FSM system. are its top features and benefits.
- You can create, assign, and track work orders, starting with a simple form
- It is a complete work order management suite
- The software has a dedicated asset management feature
- It also has internal CRM capabilities
- There is a dedicated mobile app
- There are several reporting and tracking tools available
- The software allows for integration with third-party software and tools
Three monthly pricing plans are available:
- Basic – $45 per user for minimum 3 users.
- Lightning Plus – $85 per user for minimum 3 users.
- Lightning Experience – custom pricing available upon request.
ServiceMax is primarily a field service management tool, however, it has a work order system embedded along with it.
It targets the service industry which means it has a built-in CRM tool that can be used to handle everything from work orders to service requests from clients.
The software has a drag-and-drop option with its work assignment tool which makes it easy to create work orders and track them.
You can simultaneously assign multiple work orders to multiple employees. Anyone assigned a work order will receive a push notification.
ServiceMax's Key Features
ServiceMax is a good combination of an FSM, CRM, and work order system. Here are some of the differentiating features and benefits it has.
- The drag-and-drop work order creation makes processes faster, efficient, and easier
- You can schedule, assign, and track any sort of work order at all times, regardless of its status
- You have full mobile access through the app
- All users get access to a complete set of reporting and analytics tools.
- Intuitive design ensures work order management is easy and convenient.
They don’t have fixed pricing plans.
Pricing is available upon request from the ServiceMax sales team.
MicroMain offers both a comprehensive CMMS and an EAM (enterprise asset management) software. They offer a great work order management software as one of the primary features of their CMMS.
What makes this work order software special is that it’s highly configurable. Whether you want to automate recurring work orders for preventive maintenance or create new ones for emergency repair/maintenance work, MicroMain has got you covered.
What’s more is that the tool lets you manage work orders for multiple teams from one central dashboard. Additional features such as the ability to attach pictures and other files, accept or reject requests, prioritization, etc. all add up to one decent platform.
The only major drawback is that MicroMain doesn’t offer its work order software as a standalone solution – at least that’s what they’ve implied by emphasizing on how it’s one of the features of their CMMS.
MicroMain’s Key Features:
MicroMain has everything you’d expect from a modern work order software. Here are some of its noteworthy features:
- You can create both automated and on-demand work orders.
- There is a centralized work order management dashboard.
- There is a native feature that lets you generate reports and extract insights.
- You can group smaller work orders into a larger project, making it easier to track progress.
- You can schedule work orders and keep track of work load visually with color-coded line graphs.
Unlike most platforms, MicroMain doesn’t have fixed pricing plans for its CMMS.
However, pricing starts at $39/month/technical license and $89/month/admin license. You can get in touch with them to get a final quote.
8. Fiix Software
Fiix Software offers a cloud-based CMMS and a dedicated platform for asset management. Like the previous platform, their work order management system is a module of their much more comprehensive computerized maintenance management system.
The AI-powered system of Fiix makes it easier to manage thousands of work orders by streamlining everything. It not only allows you to keep track of everything at all times, but also lets you automate the creation of work orders based on certain asset conditions that you specify.
Furthermore, you can track costs, add inspection tasks, and much more.
Fiix Software’s Key Features:
The following are some of the most useful features of Fiix Software’s work order management system:
- It offers a central work request portal where guests and employees can create and track maintenance requests.
- The software generates printable QR codes for every work order created.
- You can collect electronic signatures for work orders.
- You can indicate estimated times on work orders to gauge the performance of your staff.
- There is a mobile app that allows users to manage work orders from any corner of the world.
Fiix Software Pricing
Fiix Software has the following pricing plans:
- Enterprise – the pricing for this plan will depend on your special requirements.
- Professional – as of now, it costs $60/user/month.
- Basic – this plan costs $40/user/month.
You can get 1 month free if you opt for annual billing.
Furthermore, there is also a free version that offers limited features with no strings attached.
Next on the list is EZOfficeInventory – an asset tracking and management software that doesn’t get as much limelight as it deserves.
A work order software is included as one of the many features in its list of asset management platform. You can use it to create, track, and manage work orders through EZOfficeInventory’s mobile app.
All in all, it offers pretty much the same functionalities as any other work order software, such as creating checklists, setting alerts and reminders, tracking history, etc.
EZOfficeInventory’s Key Features:
Here are some of the features that make this work order software stand out:
- It enables users to track the progress of pending work via “work order states.”
- You can differentiate between different work orders based on their types.
- It offers useful filters that you can use to look up specific types of work orders.
These are the different pricing plans of EZOfficeInventory:
- Essential – $40 per month for 250 items, or $35 billed annually.
- Advanced – $52 per month for 250 items, or $45 billed annually.
- Premium – $60 per month for 250 items, or $50 billed annually.
- Enterprise – for this plan, you’ll need to get in touch with their sales team.
Pricing ultimately depends on how much assets or items you have, since EZOfficeInventory is primarily an EAM platform.
MAPCON offers CMMS solutions in different packages – including MAPCON Pro (for heavy-duty needs) and MAPCON Lite (for small and -sized businesses). In both options, the offers a fully-integrated work order management module (though some of the features – such as the work order planning screen – aren’t available in the Lite version).
Through a mobile app, you can conveniently create, assign, and dispatch work orders on-the-go. Maintenance workers can also create work orders for high emergency repairs and create special work orders.
All of the above, combined with HTML work requests and other special features, make MAPCON a decent choice.
MAPCON’s Key Features:
are some features that make this platform special:
- “After the Fact” work orders enable maintenance workers to create work orders after repairing something.
- You can review active and completed orders in one place.
- There is a special work order planning screen that is essentially a highly intuitive dashboard.
MAPCON has a comprehensive pricing calculator that takes total users, mobile users, assets, sites, and inventory into account. You can use it to generate a quote and get in touch with their sales team.
If you’re managing on-field staff, you should consider opting for the field management (FSM) software of Freshdesk. Their platform has a native cloud-based work order software that’s built specifically for field teams and managers.
With the help of this software, you can track field requests, share checklists and other crucial information with teams, and prioritize your tasks.
However, the software isn’t suitable for maintenance teams working within the same facilities. If that’s you, you’re better off with a more generic system.
Freshdesk’s Key Features:
The following are some noteworthy features offered by Freshdesk’s work order software:
- Managers or customers can digitally approve the completion of work orders through e-signatures.
- Technicians can navigate to client location thanks to an integration with Google Maps.
- You can create customized dashboards and reports.
Freshdesk offers 4 different pricing plans for its suite of customer support software. The field management platform is available as an add-on. You can add it up to any of the following paid plans:
- Blossom – $19/agent/month or $15 billed annually.
- Garden – $45/agent/month or $35 billed annually.
- Estate – $69/agent/month or $49 billed annually.
- Forest – $125/agent/month or $99 billed annually.
There is also a free plan called “Sprout.” However, it doesn’t include the FSM.
Like Freshdesk, ReachOut also specializes in offering solutions to teams with on-field professionals. One of its key offerings is a complete work order management system – designed to make field technicians and managers more efficient.
It’s packed with cutting-edge features that help streamline communication between in-house supervisors, on-field technicians, and your customers. Plus, with its lightning-fast mobile app – that runs on both iOS and Android – makes work order management even easier.
ReachOut’s Key Features:
are some amazing features that make ReachOut special:
- There is a route optimization feature that suggests the shortest routes leading to a destination to your field techs.
- It has an intuitive work order calendar with drag and drop features.
- There is a special pipeline view that lets you keep track of all on-going tasks with ease.
- You can pick and use industry-specific digital forms from a native marketplace and customize them with your branding.
You can get ReachOut by opting for one of the following plans:
- Premium – starts from $12 and increases based on the of users.
- Enterprise – a custom plan with no fixed rates. Get in touch with their sales team to get a quote.
Yet another management platform designed for companies with field workers, Fieldpoint offers a comprehensive software for work orders.
Compared to other similar solutions, the work order software of Fieldpoint is highly configurable and can integrate seamlessly with any existing ERP/business system.
With this software, you can manage all emergency and preventive maintenance tasks, monitor status of work orders in real time, and much more
Fieldpoint’s Key Features:
are some noteworthy features of this software:
- It has a highly intuitive mobile app that makes teams more efficient.
- There is a call center management tool that enables smooth communication between teams.
- You can automate the generation of specific work orders.
- It enables you to empower your technicians by giving them the ability to accept or reject work orders.
- You can also track level agreements.
Fieldpoint doesn’t have a fixed pricing plan. You can schedule a demo by filling out a form on their website.
Last one on the list is Axxerion, a software that offers maintenance and property management solutions.
The work order software exists as a module of its cloud-based computerized maintenance management system. With this highly configurable platform, you can create separate work order categories, generate specific quotes, and do much more.
Axxerion’s Key Features:
Let’s take a look at what makes Axxerion stand out:
- Each work order can be generated as a separate contract.
- All of the involved parties can track the status of work orders.
- The tool can automatically generate purchase orders if existing stock for PM plans falls below the required level.
- You can define your own business processes and shape the software according to your requirements.
Axxerion, like many other CMMS and stand-alone work order software companies, hasn’t shared fixed pricing plans.
To get a quote, you have to schedule a demo with their sales team.
Automate Your Business with the Best Work Order Software
Great management tools can be hard to come by especially when you don't know where to looking.
You have to make a decision that will affect your company so it needs to be well-thought of. That means you need to follow a process.
So listing down your needs, requirements, and objectives and then compare each work order software based on those factors. For example, you need full collaboration among maintenance teams so you need to look for software that provides that such as Limblecmms.
Similarly, if you're in a different industry such as SaaS or the industry, software that lets you make invoices, payments, etc. will be handier.
Hence, realize your goals and objectives and decide on software that works well and streamlines your processes.