So you're looking for the best work order software? As your manufacturing capacity and facility grows, so does your need for maintenance management. Eventually, every facility has to make a decision. That decision is to help their dedicated maintenance department with service management software. Otherwise known as a work order software.
Businesses that work with large and heavy assets and equipment can't afford downtime. In fact, even software companies need to be running constantly to get the necessary customer satisfaction.
If something breaks down, you can't wait for email notifications with maintenance tasks. You need a mobile work order software system that immediately delegates the task to a maintenance team. After all, speed to respond is critical.
What is Work Order Software?
Word order software is a management system designed to deal with customers and work information. It's mostly used to deal with maintenance requests inside a company.
Typically, you can assign the work manually. Research shows, however, that using a work order system is much more efficient. This is why more than 50% of companies use computer-related tools and software for maintenance management.
All work order software solutions simplify the work order process. Letting you create, assign, and track work orders and multiple employees. Most software updates every order status continually, in real-time. Along with detailed order reports and analytics, you have a complete maintenance management system.
To delve deeper, here are some typical types of work order management systems. Along with a list of the best work order software, you can find in the market.
Types of Work Order Management Software Systems
It really depends on the company when it comes to maintenance software. Some companies prefer CMMS solutions while others want a full-fledged work order management software.
Here are the 3 main types of work order management systems.
1. Simple Work Order Software Systems
Work order systems are designed with a simple objective, assign, track, and record work orders. The tool allows for real-time tracking of all work orders through a centralized platform.
Such systems are mostly designed for small businesses that don't have time to handle redundant tasks. The more simplicity and automation you can have in a small business, the more time you have for other things.
CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System) tools are designed for large businesses. They're complete management systems that have repair and preventive maintenance features designed to manage entire company maintenance processes.
CMMS software provides you with a computerized maintenance team. Meanwhile, it also has several value-added features like preventative maintenance schedules, asset history, etc.
The system lets you keep track of all critical equipment and assets while keeping an eye on the staff.
FSM (Field Service Management) systems are designed for companies with field workers. Whether they are field technicians, salespeople, or any other kind of field employees, you can track them, assign them tasks, and measure their performance.
The systems also allow for invoicing clients remotely. They also let you work in tandem with other teams in the field, communicate with them, and share any relevant information, files, etc.
This kind of software is great for companies that have field employees scattered in different locations.
Best Work Order Software for 2020
If you're wondering which work order software will work for you in 2020 and which ones have free trials, here's a list to help you out. Keep in mind that your decision should be based on your company's size, the number of employees you have, where they work, what their job descriptions are, and the number of work orders you need.
|My Rank||Site Name||Quality (1-5 Stars)|
1. Limble CMMS
We rated Limble CMMS as the #1 work order software. It's platform is built on the feedback and insights from over 200 maintenance and facility managers. Limble provides an easy-to-use iOS and Android mobile app, and includes all the features technicians and managers need to streamline maintenance work orders, increase productivity, and ensure timely communication without headaches from paperwork or manual processes.
- Preventive Maintenance
- Predictive Maintenance
- Work Requests
- Optimized and easy-to-use mobile apps
- Asset Management
- Work Orders
- Reports and Dashboards
- Parts/Inventory Management
- Vendor Management
- Multiple Language CMMS
Limble CMMS is one of the best at providing a detailed understanding of every asset. The work order software makes maintenance work easy and proof is that users, on average, see a 30% boost in overall communication and productivity. What would a 30% boost in productivity do for your business?
Key Takeaways and Highlights:
- Good mobile app
- Built on insights by real users
- Detailed dashboards and reporting
- Easy to set-up and use
- Free 30-day trial
Limble CMMS Pricing
Limble CMMS offers four pricing plans, each with a free 30-day trial. Here are the details:
- Starter – work order automation for small businesses at $50 per user per month or $40 per user per month, billed annually.
- Professional – a modern CMMS solution for SMEs at $80 per user per month, billed monthly or $70 per user per month, billed annually.
- Business Plus+ – CMMS for businesses priced at $120 per user per month (billed monthly) or $105 per user per month (billed annually).
- Enterprise – advanced CMMS for enterprises priced at $205 per user per month (billed monthly) or $185 per user per month (billed annually).
UpKeep is used as a work order software by a lot of companies. However, primarily, it's a CMMS software.
You can use it to create and manage recurring work orders. The mobile app lets field technicians and employees update work order status constantly. Which means it also has FSM capabilities.
Each work order can have a priority level and when you assign it to an employee, it sends a push notification depending based on the priority level.
The smart automated system distributes work orders to specifically approved technicians. This helps avoid the unequal distribution of workloads.
UpKeep's Key Features
UpKeep is a well-rounded and simple work order software. Here are some of the key benefits and features it provides.
- Complete CMMS capabilities
- Simple work order creation, management, and tracking in real-time
- Fully automated processes and smart workflows
- You can track the time and cost associated with each work order.
- There are several different kinds of reports to help you understand and evaluate work orders.
- A dedicated mobile app lets you control everything remotely.
Three pricing plans are on offer, which are:
- Starter – $40 per user, billed monthly or $35 per user, billed annually.
- Professional – $75 per user per month or $60 per user per month, billed monthly and annually respectively.
- Business Plus – $100 per user per month, billed annually for minimum 5 users.
MaintainX is one of the best work order software in the market currently. The user-friendly work order management solution lets you try out the software with a free plan first.
You can create as many orders as you want, create assets, locations, and invite however many users you need.
The intuitive design of the software provides easy form-making mechanics which makes it easy to create, customize, and assign work orders.
There is a built-in communication network that lets teams communicate and work together. You can comment, message, and access asset history in any work order request.
You can have mobile access to MaintainX from any device connected to the internet. The company has also designed an intuitive work order app for both Android and iOS smartphones. Thus, you can access, customize, and update mobile work orders on the go.
You can also upload photos and draw on them to relay information. This feature can also be used as proof of work completion.
All actions and processes in MaintainX's software are recorded and time-stamped. This lets you create a detailed audit log that you can access whenever you want.
MaintainX's Key Features
MaintainX has a lot of features and benefits that differentiate it from its competitors, here are a few noticeable ones.
- There are customized forms for work orders, procedures, and inspections.
- Fast and simple work order form creation
- Repeatable work orders
- Complete work order tracking, audit logs, and real-time reporting
- Send as many messages as you want
- Work with as many assets and locations as you want
- Full automation and scheduling of work orders
- Multiple device access through intuitive mobile apps
- Photos and PDFs upload feature
- API-based integration with third-party tools
Four pricing plans are available:
- Basic –
- Essential – $10 per user monthly.
- Premium - $39 per user monthly.
- Enterprise – $115 per user monthly.
Alternatively, you can save 17% with annual billing.
Jobber is primarily an FSM dealing with field service processes. It has a work request and scheduling tool designed for service businesses.
The tool helps collaborate with field teams when new customer orders are received, an order needs updating, or when you need to assign work.
The software makes creating and assigning work orders easy by providing a drag-and-drop calendar.
You can also actively receive work requests from clients which are automatically converted into a job that can be assigned to a field worker.
Jobber's Key Features
Jobber is a great FSM system and works wonders for companies who use it. Here are some benefits of using it.
- There is a dedicated mobile app
- You get a drag-and-drop calendar for better order creation and scheduling.
- There are several work requests and job form templates
- You have access to several reporting and analytics software options.
- A built-in messaging option lets you collaborate with teams around you
- Turn on push notifications to stay up-to-date
- Uploading visual stimuli like photos to make work requests more relevant.
- It's practically a scheduling app under the guise of work order management.
Three pricing plans are available:
- Core – $29 per month, billed annually or $39 monthly.
- Connect – for up to 7 users at $99 per user per month, billed annually or $129 per user, billed monthly.
- Grow – for up to 30 users at $199 per user per month, billed annually, or $249 per user, billed monthly.
ManagerPlus is considered to be a dedicated work order-generator working on tight schedules. The software is a maintenance management software filled with features like field agent management, work order creation, assigning, and asset management among other things.
The software has a dedicated mobile app that lets you create and manage work orders while also giving you a built-in messaging platform.
It's practically a CRM solution with an intuitive dashboard that lets you manage and take care of your vendors and clients. You can communicate with them, update them on work progress, and share files.
ManagerPlus's Key Features
The maintenance management software is a unique software that acts as both a CMMS and an FSM system. Here are its top features and benefits.
- You can create, assign, and track work orders, starting with a simple form
- It is a complete work order management suite
- The software has a dedicated asset management feature
- It also has internal CRM capabilities
- There is a dedicated mobile app
- There are several reporting and tracking tools available
- The software allows for integration with third-party software and tools
Three monthly pricing plans are available:
- Basic – $45 per user for minimum 3 users.
- Lightning Plus – $85 per user for minimum 3 users.
- Lightning Experience – custom pricing available upon request.
ServiceMax is primarily a field service management tool, however, it has a work order system embedded along with it.
It targets the service industry which means it has a built-in CRM tool that can be used to handle everything from work orders to service requests from clients.
The software has a drag-and-drop option with its work assignment tool which makes it easy to create work orders and track them.
You can simultaneously assign multiple work orders to multiple employees. Anyone assigned a work order will receive a push notification.
ServiceMax's Key Features
ServiceMax is a good combination of an FSM, CRM, and work order system. Here are some of the differentiating features and benefits it has.
- The drag-and-drop work order creation makes processes faster, efficient, and easier
- You can schedule, assign, and track any sort of work order at all times, regardless of its status
- You have full mobile access through the app
- All users get access to a complete set of reporting and analytics tools.
- Intuitive design ensures work order management is easy and convenient.
They don’t have fixed pricing plans.
Pricing is available upon request from the ServiceMax sales team.
Automate Your Business with the Best Work Order Software
Great management tools can be hard to come by especially when you don't know where to start looking.
You have to make a decision that will affect your company so it needs to be well-thought of. That means you need to follow a process.
So start listing down your needs, requirements, and objectives and then compare each work order software based on those factors. For example, you need full collaboration among maintenance teams so you need to look for software that provides that such as Limblecmms.
Similarly, if you're in a different industry such as SaaS or the service industry, software that lets you make invoices, payments, etc. will be handier.
Hence, realize your goals and objectives and decide on software that works well and streamlines your company processes.