When it comes to using a landing page builder to create captivating post-click experiences, only a few come close to Instapage. However, you can’t help but wonder – is the Instapage pricing really justified?
Without treading into the technicalities, let’s get one thing straight: Instapage isn’t your average landing page platform.
Aside from being a landing page builder, the product offers end-to-end solutions for conversions, such as conversion rate optimization (CRO) capabilities, security features, and more.
If the jury’s still out on whether Instapage pricing is worth it or not, keep reading. In this detailed review, I’ll break down all the features, plans, and the pros and cons of this landing page software.
Let’s dive right in.
How Much Does Instapage Cost?
Before we discuss the value that this platform can deliver to your marketing team members, let’s take about pricing.
Here’s a snapshot of the Instapage pricing plans:
You can sign up for a free trial/demo for both plans.
I’ve also mapped out the details in the following table:
|Plans||Monthly Pricing||Yearly Pricing|
|Business||$199 per month||$149 per month|
The Enterprise plan is completely customizable, and therefore, doesn’t have a fixed price—the total price will depend on your requirements.
Furthermore, if you choose the annual pricing for the Business plan, you can save 25%.
The “Products” Offered by Instapage
Instapage is a complete landing page building platform, with split-testing and analytical capabilities. With this platform, you can easily create stunning post-click experiences with simple drag and drop features that add value to your advertising funnel and potentially boost your conversion rates by multifold.
This product is a must-have for those looking for a little marketing automation—without the hassle of codes.
However, Instapage isn’t a single “product,” per se. Instead, it is packaged and marketed as distinct “products,” the details of which follow.
First things first, let’s off with Creation, the actual product that you can use to build landing pages.
With Creation, you can build professional-looking landing pages by simply adding/removing and moving around “blocks,” like so:
Furthermore, the pages you design will be on-brand and optimized for search engines (and your prospects).
And the best part? If you’re running short on time, you can always pick from a vast library of over 200 landing page templates.
In terms of ease of use, this is easily one of the best landing page builders in my books.
If you want to make an impact on your prospects and get them converting, you can never go wrong with a little personalization.
By receiving personalized messages and offers, the prospect is more likely to convert, as opposed to receiving generic messages that don’t necessarily add any value.
While generally speaking, that’s easier said than done, Instapage’s Personalization makes it as easy as one, two, three.
With a few clicks, you can achieve 1:1 ad-to-page personalization by pairing a certain version of a post-click experience with the intent of the visitor.
You can also create as many unique experiences for your audience as you like.
Effective team collaboration is the cornerstone of any marketing campaign.
With Collaboration, your team members (and clients) can review progress, request changes, and approve the final work.
Thanks to this built-in, real-time collaboration platform, you don’t need any other third-party marketing tools.
Additionally, you can easily bring in outside-stakeholders without any hassle or extra payments. Just create their subaccounts and communicate with them through a highly safe and secure platform.
Depending on the depth of your efforts and marketing objectives, it may be difficult and confusing to keep track of your advertising campaigns.
For a small business, this may not be a problem. However, for a business with lots of ads and relevant landing pages, keeping track of the assets can be a nightmare.
Instapage has solved that problem with AdMap® – a platform that lets you visualize your advertising campaigns and connect your ads with the most relevant landing pages, all on a single platform, like so:
As you can see in the screenshot above, AdMap® shows you the previews of your currently-active ads, and allows you to create (or “attach,” if you will) relevant “experiences” with them.
Furthermore, you don’t always have to open Google Analytics or Adwords up to see how your ads are performing—you can review everything on AdMap®.
All things considered, for campaign managers, this is a huge blessing, since it’s usually difficult to track all of that information.
Marketing and advertising are all about experimentation and learning from trial and error.
Right off the bat, you can’t assume that a particular ad will attract clicks or that a landing page will reach the target.
However, by leveraging hard data, you can direct your focus towards things that are most likely to work.
That’s where Experimentation comes in.
It is the CRO product by Instapage and can help you bring your advertising and marketing campaigns closer to perfection.
From heatmaps to A/B testing, you can use the tools at your disposal to learn about how your audience interacts with your messages, the best ways to engage them, and how to raise the odds of conversions.
6. Page Speed
Next on the list is Page Speed, which assists in creating lightning-fast landing pages.
The key highlight of this product is the Thor Render Engine®, the proprietary AMP technology of Instapage, which ensures that your landing pages are optimized for mobile devices.
After all, even the slightest delay can put your online sales/lead generation in jeopardy.
All in all, with the help of this product, you can deliver a smooth experience to mobile users and experience higher conversions.
Although not a separate product, the Enterprise plan of Instapage deserves a special shout-out.
This is a custom professional that’s perfect for clients with enterprise-level needs.
With this plan, you get a single solution for your advertisement and post-click experience needs at scale.
In addition to all of the amazing features at your disposal (more on that shortly), you get access to a dedicated customer success manager.
Furthermore, you get access to skilled professionals who specialize in migration services, custom page designs, and coding.
A Detailed Overview of Instapage Features
With the basic offerings out of the way, let’s take a look at the specific features of Instapage.
Since the landing page software is quite extensive, they’ve split their features into the following categories.
Here are some of the key Instapage features that assist with the creation of landing pages:
- Global Blocks – another key feature, similar to Instablocks®, that lets you manage global landing page templates. Thanks to Global Blocks, you can create on-brand, custom landing pages with ease.
- On-Page Collaboration – team members and other stakeholders can keep track of campaigns in real-time with the help of the on-page collaboration tool. This can help you create and publish your pages much faster.
- Image Asset Manager – similar to the media library of your website, the Image Asset Manager allows you to conveniently upload, save, edit, and publish image assets.
- Widgets – need to add extra functionality to your landing pages? Adding Widgets can make things easier for your team and deliver a complete experience to your prospects.
- Alignment, Grouping, and Distribution – this ensures that all of the elements on your page are properly aligned/evenly-distributed.
- Parallax Scrolling – with this feature, the elements in the background of your landing page move slower than those in the foreground, resulting in a visually-pleasant experience. With Instapage, you don’t need a separate plugin to achieve that.
Furthermore, the Instapage landing builder comes with a library of over 5,000 fonts and 33 million images that you can add to your experiences.
The following features can assist you with optimization and campaign management, which could result in improved search rankings and higher conversions.
- Server-Side A/B Split Testing – split testing is the most common tool that marketers use for CRO. With A/B split testing, you can publish multiple variations of the same landing page and see how your audience behaves on them. You can reveal some solid insights about user-behavior and find out what appeals to your prospects.
- Heatmaps – another common tool used for CRO, heatmaps visualize the journeys that your users take on a landing page. This can help you track how they engage with the different graphical elements and copy on your assets.
- Drop-In Pixel Tracking – this is a special retargeting pixel that lets you track external conversions (i.e., conversions that don’t take place on your landing pages).
- Conversion Analytics – Instapage seamlessly integrates with both Google Analytics and Adwords, providing you with fresh data (such as cost-per-click) on a single platform.
- Page Grouping – PPC managers rejoice. With this feature, you can conveniently create ad groups and sort them according to factors like demographics, products, features, channels, etc.
Furthermore, you can access all of the data in real-time, from any device.
Instapage makes 1:1 ad-to-page personalization seem effortless, and it’s all thanks to the following features:
- Dynamic Text Replacement – this feature lets you create dynamic copy that changes according to the user. The copy that’s displayed will depend on what the visitor searched for.
- Postclick Score® – this is a special metric that reflects the overall performance of your personalization.
- 1:1 Ad-to-Page Personalization – create various versions of post-click experiences that match with the intents and interests of different audiences.
If used right, a marketer can deliver memorable experiences that pack serious potential for conversions.
With a few simple clicks, you can easily create and manage your lead forms on Instapage.
Here are the features that make it possible:
- Form Builder – create custom forms with as many fields, buttons, and drop-down menus as you like. You can also break down complex forms into multiple steps.
- Direct Lead Bypass – leads collected through Instapage are not passed through a middleman. The platform will hand over the lead data directly to you.
- Lead Routing – integrate your forms with other tools and collect data in real-time.
- Digital Asset Delivery – upload and automate the delivery of lead generation assets.
- Exit-Intent Popups – deliver customizable messages and offers to fleeing prospects through beautifully-designed popups.
Additionally, you can create custom thank you messages, get lead notifications, and more.
Instapage has been designed to integrate seamlessly with all major content management systems (WordPress, Drupal, etc.), email marketing (like MailChimp), and advertising platforms (Facebook Ads, Google Ads, etc.).
You can manage your integrations with the following features:
- Integrations Overview – view and manage all of your integrations on a single dashboard.
- Tag Manager – with the native tag manager, you can easily convert with different platforms in just a few simple steps.
- Custom Domains – you can publish the custom, AMP landing pages you create on Instapage to your website, Drupal, or any other custom domain.
You can publish your landing pages to unlimited domains.
Make collaboration easier with these account management tools:
- Master Accounts – manage everything (creating users, setting permissions, etc.) through one master account.
- Permissions – grant permissions to different users, regulate authorities, and share data with people who matter.
- Private Workspaces – add clients and other parties involved in the project to a separate, shared workspace.
- Audit Logs – track the history of all accounts and overcome bugs/issues with ease.
Performance and Security
To top it off, Instapage has certain features that add value in terms of security and performance.
- SSL Certificates – secure the communication between your users and the server through a layer of encryption, and get on the good side of search engines by employing SSL certificates.
- SOC 2-Compliant – Instapage is in complete compliance with the guidelines of the Organization Control-2, which details policies about the protection of consumer data.
- 99.99% Server Up Time – Instapage uses Google and Amazon Cloud servers. This means that your landing pages will stay up and running 99.99% of the time.
In my experience, Instapage is one of the few landing page builders that offer this level of security.
Overview of Customer
In terms of customer support, there’s no fixed verdict, as reviews can vary.
However, to provide you with a perspective, Instapage gets 3 stars on (according to over 350 reviews):
Keep in mind that reviews aren’t always 100% accurate.
You can get in touch with their support team with your queries on their contact page.
The Pros and Cons of Using Instapage
All in all, Instapage seems like the perfect landing page software. However, it’s crucial that you weigh the pros and cons before making an investment.
Here are the pros of acquiring Instapage:
- It’s extremely easy to use.
- The platform offers an end-to-end solution (users rarely need another platform for the creation and optimization of landing pages).
- Instapage integrates seamlessly with other platforms.
- The assets you create with Instapage are highly secured.
- With intelligent analytics and optimization tools, you can increase your chances of conversions and make smarter decisions.
Here are the only downsides of Instapage that I could think of:
- It’s a little pricey for a small business (making it more suitable for enterprises).
- According to different reviews on the internet, the page editor can be a bit slow.
Personally, I’ve never experienced any issues with the platform.
Top Competitors of Instapage
If for any reason, you feel that Instapage isn’t right for you, you can consider the following alternatives:
- Unbounce – the closest competitor that also provides features similar to Instapage. A few of these include optimization, CRO, performance, and security capabilities. Read my Instapage vs Unbounce review to learn more.
- ClickFunnels – a heavyweight sales funnel builder with an extensive list of features. Some features include a dashboard for analytics, API analysis, email auto-responder, and even an SEO management tool, among others.
- VWO Testing – not a “landing page builder,” per se, but a powerful optimization and testing tool.
Out of all alternatives, I feel that Unbounce is the best alternative to Instapage.
Is the Instapage Pricing Justified? [Final Verdict]
All things – the features, capabilities, and use cases – considered, I believe that the Instapage pricing is justified.
If you’re able to afford it, the tool is certainly worth every single penny.
Not only can you use Instapage to build awesome landing pages, but handle your entire ad campaigns.