6 Best Data Analytics Boot Camps in 2022
If you plan to become a data analyst (known as the sexiest job of the 21st century by HBR), having a relevant bachelor's degree isn't enough.
So, how do you learn data science?
This is why data analytics boot camps are getting popular. A data analytics boot camp is a short-term (less than a year) educational program that will help you acquire the right skills to get a data analytics job.
Enrolling in a data analytics bootcamp isn't necessary for a job but provides a competitive advantage. There are a lot of opportunities out there (700K+ data analyst jobs), but not having the right skillset won't lead you anywhere. If you are a beginner or planning to change your career, a data analytics bootcamp is an absolute must. Whether you want to become a machine learning scientist or data analyst, a bootcamp will push you forward in the right direction.
So, what's the right coding bootcamp for you? How to find the best data analytics bootcamp?
Here is a list of the best data analytics boot camps that offer excellent data analytics courses:
Table of Contents
DataCamp is one of the best Data Analytics Bootcamps out there. With many interactive courses to choose from, it offers everything you need to learn data analytics and develop new skills. The Bootcamp also offers certifications that help you excel in your chosen specialization.
The paid annual DataCamp plan gives you access to highly qualified instructors and more than 300 courses. You can learn from short videos and practical exercises designed by experts. The chapters allow easy access to information without any time-consuming search. And that is not all. DataCamp assists you in your preparation for job interviews. Ensuring you are ready for your career allows you to test your skills by solving real-world problems.
DataCamp lets you discover your skills through free assessment. This enables you to choose the correct online data analytics course and certifications.
This is why we rank DataCamp as the number one Data Analytics Bootcamp.
- DataCamp allows you to track your progress
- Improve your skills with quick daily challenges
- Courses are interactive
- It does not require installation; you can run the code from the browser
- Easy-to-understand courses for beginners
- It offers free trials
- It is a self-paced program
DataCamp offers different plans, so you can choose the one that meets your needs:
· Standard: $12.4 per month
· Premium: $33.25 per month
· Professional: $25.00 per month, per user
· Enterprise: you can contact customer services to find out about the pricing
DataCamp Data Analytics Bootcamp is ideal for beginners and those who want to change their career paths. DataCamp equips you with the right skills and prepares you for your new career.
Thinkful has one of the best data analytics boot camps in the market. It offers two data analytics boot camps: Data Analytics Immersion, a full-time four-month BootCamp, and Data Analytics Flexible, a part-time 24-week course.
Both these boot camps come with a job guarantee and are beginner-friendly. Personalized mentorship right from day one to hire is a fantastic feature you don't get with other analytics boot camps. One-on-one mentorship helps you develop your portfolio and get hired fast after graduation.
- Beginner-friendly bootcamp that anyone can join with or without a relevant bachelor's degree or previous experience
- Suitable for both full-timers and part-timers
- Job guarantee makes it an ideal boot camp for career-changers
- One-on-one mentorship significantly increases your chance of getting a job
- Build a robust portfolio with the help of a mentor
- Acquire the right data analytics skills and learn programming, database management, Python, API interactions, data presentation, technical projects, etc.
The full-time bootcamp is $12,250, while the part-time schedule comes with a price tag of $7,990. Thinkful offers multiple financing options such as:
- Month to month
- Income share agreement (with/without stipend)
The data analytics boot camp is ideal for beginners and career-changers as it has a solid job guarantee. Yes, it is a bit more expensive than other bootcamps, but you get a lot.
CareerFoundry has a part-time online coding bootcamp that comes with a job guarantee. The timing is flexible as you can choose your own pace. Depending on your schedule, you can complete the course in 5 months or 8 months. You work with a mentor to create a job portfolio that helps you land a high-paying data analyst job as soon as you graduate.
The data analytics program equips you with the appropriate skills and teaches you the right tools you'll need at your job. You work with a mentor, tutor, and career specialist – all help you land a job in data analytics.
- An online data analytics bootcamp for beginners and people who want to change their career
- Part-time program with flexible timing to help you learn data science
- A job guarantee with an assurance that you'll get a job within 180 days after graduation
- You get access to personalized mentorship
- A free job prep course along with career coaching from an expert
- You develop a portfolio based on real-world problems you undertake during the boot camp
- Enrollment in the boot camp is a straightforward process
- Free consultation and data analytics short course available for candidates
CareerFoundry data analytics boot camp costs $6,900. You can pay monthly with an upfront payment of $2,100 or clear the amount in full (to grab a discount of $345). There aren't any other financing options available. The job guarantee ensures that you'll get a job within 180 days of graduation, and if you don't get the job, you'll be eligible for a full refund.
This data analytics bootcamp is ideal for beginners and career shifters as it comes with a job guarantee. If you want to study data analysis and choose data analytics as your career, this is one of the most affordable boot camps. Lack of financing options (e.g., loan or deferred payment) means you have funds to enroll in the program.
If you are already doing a job and want to upgrade your skills and learn big data analytics, Springboard data analytics bootcamp with a guaranteed job is your best bet. It isn't for beginners. Instead, you must have at least two years of experience in a relevant field (e.g., programming, UX/UI, or office job) and excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills. Yes, not all data scientists enroll in this boot camp.
The course is part-time and is online, where you must complete under 20 hours per week. The classes are by seasoned analysts and data experts. It is a career-focused boot camp with 1-to-1 mentorship, and you'll have to create an industry-level project. It will help you improve your thinking and real-world problem-solving skills and learn about industry data.
is what you'll learn about data science in this boot camp:
- Structural thinking process (problem-solving framework, HDEIP framework, issue trees, and hypotheses trees)
- Business data analysis (Excel, financial statements, fundamental statistics, and economics)
- SQL (structured vs. unstructured databases, set theory, Mode SQL, and SQL case studies)
- Data visualization with Python programming (syntax, data cleaning, jupyter, seaborn, matplotlib, pandas, and more)
- Data presentation and reporting (Tableau, PowerBi, PowerPoint, and case studies).
- A perfect data analytics boot camp for individuals having previous experience who want to switch or excel
- An online part-time boot camp with 1:1 mentorship
- Unlimited mentor support and unlimited mentor calls
- The boot camp lands you a job within six months after graduation, or you get your money back
- Project-based learning and specialized skill development
- A complete career coaching course with 1:1 interaction
The tuition fee is $6,600, and you get a lot of financing options and a discount of 17% with full payment. There is a scholarship for women and veterans. You can opt for monthly payment or choose a deferred tuition fee plan where you'll only have to pay once you get a job.
Springboard data analytics program is ideal for career changers already doing a job (minimum of 2 years of experience). The best thing about this boot camp is its flexible timing and several financing options with a job guarantee. You can enroll even if you don't have money in your pocket.
5. General Assembly
If you are looking for a cost-effective data analytics boot camp, you'll love General Assembly as its course is one of the cheapest in the market. It is for beginners and equips you with a much-needed set of technical skills that will help you in your career. It doesn't come with a job guarantee, which is one reason the cost is low.
It teaches you the latest business intelligence software and data analytics tools, e.g., Excel (including intermediate excel), SQL, tableau, git GitHub, intermediate excel pivot tables, bootstrap dashboarding, etc. It also equips you with technical skills, business intelligence, and high market demand among data analysts. You can set your own pace with a flexible part-time schedule and online classes. You can also enroll in the on-campus program and join one of the several global campuses.
is an overview of the General Assembly data analytics program info:
- A beginner-friendly coding boot camp with no prerequisites
- Part-time schedule with flexible timing. You can complete the boot camp in a week if it suits you
- You can choose between remote and on-campus programs. It has campuses in North America, Europe, Asia, and Australia
- You develop a real-world portfolio of projects that help you get a job
- Get dedicated support from experts and your instructor during working hours
- An affordable data analytics boot camp.
The price of the boot camp is $3,950, making it an affordable program. You can choose from a wide range of financing options, including a full payment discount, installment plan, interest-free loan, and employer sponsorship.
It is ideal for beginners and people who want to upgrade their skills. It doesn't come with a job guarantee, but it doesn't mean you shouldn't expect a relevant job in the market. The course material isn't too advanced and gives you a basic industry-level overview of data analytics that is more than enough for your career.
If you prefer live lectures, interactive boot camp, or an on-campus program, go with BrainStation. It is an engaging part-time coding bootcamp that offers remote and on-campus programs. It is a 10-week course ideal for people who are already doing a job and want to upgrade their skills. You can learn a full stack of courses from web development and digital marketing to programming languages and excel Python.
You'll be able to attend a live data analytics (instructor-led) lecture. This lets you engage and connect not only with your instructor but with your batch mates. The boot camp is designed for beginners and doesn't go very deep, but you'll learn everything necessary for a data analyst job, such as:
- Data foundation that covers the basics of data analytics
- Data organization in the database via SQL, tools to manage and organize a database, etc.
- Data analysis, data cleaning, pivot tables, and intermediate Excel
- Data presentation, data reporting, web visualization, and an overview of the tableau
- A bootcamp designed for beginners
- A part-time program with both online and on-campus options for enrollment
- Live sessions with the instructor help you get feedback
- Real-world data analytics project that enables you to get a job after completion
- Get hands-on experience in using Excel, MySQL, HTML CSS, and Tableau
- Use the BrainStation learning platform (called Synapse) that lets you keep track of your course, syllabus, assignments, and all the resources
- An affordable bootcamp
The data analytics bootcamp by BrainStation costs $3,950 and comes with a couple of financing options, including monthly payments and scholarships. You can apply for a scholarship if you are a woman, veteran, entrepreneur, or working with a non-profit organization.
It is one of the low-cost basic-level data analytics boot camps with no job guarantee and limited financing options. It doesn't have specific admission requirements, so it is ideal for people who want to switch careers to data analytics. If you don't know anything about data analytics and what to take a fresh and you have the funds, it is a decent option as you can move at your own pace. The best part is its engaging and live sessions that are ideal for starters.
In addition to the list mentioned above, you can also look into other prominent data analytics bootcamps such as:
- Dataquest (headquarters in San Francisco)
- Trilogy Education Services in New York City, New York
- UC Berkeley extension courses and get access to their project-based curriculum
- Galvanize Los Angeles
- Metis San Francisco
How to Select the Best Data Analytics Boot Camp
You have to consider several things such as job guarantee, course material, career training, tools you use, price, financing options, time commitment, and more.
Not all these variables weigh equally for everyone. If you are already doing a job and want to upgrade your skills and move up the ladder, you'll need to look for a boot camp that offers you:
- Job guarantee (so you can switch your job)
- Part-time (so you don't have to quit your job)
- Remote boot camp (again, you don't want to mess up your job routine)
- Industry-level course content and project (this will help you get a job)
Similarly, if you recently completed your college degree and need to start your career as a data analyst, you need to look for a boot camp that offers you:
- No enrollment prerequisites (being fresh, this is the first thing you need to look for)
- Job guarantee (that's the reason you are opting for a boot camp)
- Financing options (as a student, you'll need a monthly or deferred payment plan)
- Full-time, either remote or on campus (you don't have a job, so it will be best to enroll in a full-time program and finish to start a career)
Identifying and prioritizing your needs is the best approach to finding the best data analytics boot camp.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Here are some of the most common questions asked about data analytics bootcamps.
Are data analytics bootcamps worth it?
Data analytics bootcamps are worth it because they provide fast-track data skills training using the latest technologies and methodologies.
Since so many different programs are available, it's hard to make this decision on your own - but don't worry, we've compiled a list of some of our favorite bootcamps above.
How much is a data analytics boot camp?
A data analytics boot camp costs anywhere from $1,500 to $10,000. You will typically pay for the boot camp upfront, but many schools offer financing programs or grants that may help you get started.
What types of data analytics are there?
There are two main categories - descriptive and predictive modeling:
- Descriptive analysis is used in industries like market research, where it's essential to understand what a customer wants by asking them questions about their past purchases and habits.
- Predictive models use historical data to make predictions about future outcomes. This model applies to everything from stock prices to weather patterns.
Which is the best data analytics boot camp?
The best data analytics boot camp is the one that best fits your needs. How much time do you have to dedicate? What data skills are you looking for? Do you want a certificate or degree in analytics, or just some entry-level knowledge and experience? These questions help determine what boot camp may be the right fit.
What is a data analytics boot camp?
A data analytics boot camp is a short, intensive training program offering data skills from beginner to advanced.