6 Best Data Analyst Training Programs | Reviews and Pricing
Do you want to become a data analyst and an active part of the growing data analytics market? You can take one of the many routes to becoming a top data analyst, but nothing beats data analyst training programs.
You get hands-on experience, skills, work on real-life projects, and develop your portfolio that helps you get a job. A short online (part-time or full-time) data analyst training course will equip you with the right skills employers hunt for in their employees.
It all comes down to selecting and enrolling in the most appropriate data analyst training program based on your education, experience, and knowledge. We have critically reviewed and analyzed the best data analyst training programs so that you can compare and pick the right one.
Here is an overview of the best training courses for data analysts.
Table of Contents
It doesn't take much to make the Data Product Manager Course by Product Manager HQ an obvious choice. Not only does the course serve as an introduction to data responsibilities, but it also sets the foundation for product management.
With an all-inclusive education, you build a strong foundation for your future career. Unlike many other courses, this one doesn't get caught up in technical jargon only senior data analysts understand. Instead, the course takes it step-by-step but maintains the dynamics to keep your attention.
Although the goal is to keep it simple, you'll learn both basics and advanced skills. Finally, upon completing the course, you'll get a certificate to help you find your next job.
- Product Metrics
- Analytical Frameworks
- Business Metrics
- Market Research
- Data Modeling
- Data Visualization
The course price is $499. Although it can seem pricey, regarding what you get for the price, the course and the certificate is more than worth it.
Certified Data Product Manager by Product Manager HQ is a fantastic course with a legitimate certificate. If you're serious about data analytics but also want to prepare for the manager role, this is the course.
The Data Analyst with R by DataCamp is a perfect training program for beginners who want to become data analysts but lack knowledge of data analytics. This training program prepares you to become a data analyst and an expert in R. The program consists of 19 courses (over 77 hours of video content) covering everything you need to know to analyze data using R.
The best thing about Data Analyst with R is that it consists of multiple courses that industry experts handpick. You'll get a chance to learn and interact with several instructors throughout your training program.
Here is an overview of the major features of this data analyst training program:
- A comprehensive and interactive training course
- No prerequisites
- It comes with interactive exercises and real-world projects
- It covers importing, cleaning, manipulating, and visualization of data in R
- You'll learn some of the leading R packages, such as ggplot2
- You get a chance to learn data analysis from the best instructors
- Basic overview of SQL and how to query data
- Each course has small videos that you can watch at your own pace
You'll need to create an account with DataCamp to access the course. With annual billing, the standard plan costs $12 per month, and you get access to more than 335 courses and over 50 skill tracks. This makes Data Analyst with R an affordable training program that you can use to enroll in other data analyst courses.
Data Analyst with R is an online, self-paced, and interactive training program for beginners that require no previous experience. It is suitable for starters, entry-level, and career-changers. By the time you finish the training, you'll have a handful of projects in your portfolio that will help you get a data analyst job.
3. Excel to MySQL: Analytic Techniques for Business Specialization
Excel to MySQL is a comprehensive beginner-friendly analytics course offered by Duke University via Coursera. It is an online training program that has five different classes. The flexible timing makes it ideal for people already doing a job.
The program focuses on using data in business settings. It teaches you how to analyze data and present it in a user-friendly manner for decision-making. You'll learn Excel, MySQL, and Tableau as the primary data analytics tools.
The five courses of the Excel to MySQL: Analytic Techniques for Business Specialization are:
- Business metrics
- Data analysis in Excel
- Data visualization with Tableau
- Big data management using MySQL
- Data analytics for profitability
The main features include:
- An online training program with a flexible schedule
- A beginner-friendly training program that has no enrollment prerequisites
- You get a sharable certificate after completion
- The training program is by Duke University, and Airbnb is the official partner
- An efficient training program where you have to complete a project
- You'll learn how to use Excel, MySQL, and Tableau
- Over 42% of candidates received a relevant job offer, and 50% got a pay increase after completing the program
The Excel to MySQL: Analytic Techniques for Business Specialization is available at Coursera, and it costs $39 per month to access the training program. The best part is that you'll be able to access several other data analyst training programs once you subscribe.
If you are looking for a basic-level data analyst training program to get a new job or a salary increase, go with Excel to MySQL: Analytic Techniques for Business Specialization. It has a flexible schedule, a certificate, and works with real-world data.
4. Become a Data Analyst (LinkedIn Learning)
Become a Data Analyst is a free online training program offered by LinkedIn. It is for beginners who want to start their careers as data analysts or data scientists. The training has seven courses, and the whole program is around 24 hours long. The timing is flexible and depends on you. You can complete the entire training in a single day or a couple of months.
Here is an overview of the seven courses in the training program:
- The basics of data analytics
- Data fluency that teaches you how to explore and describe data
- Using Excel for statistics and data analysis
- Data visualization
- Power BI training
- Tableau training
Here is a list of the major features of the Become a Data Analyst training program:
- An online training program with flexible timing
- No prerequisites
- Candidates receive certification upon completion
- Seven different experts teach seven courses from different fields
- The training program includes quizzes
- It covers everything related to data analytics and tools
- Self-paced program
- You can ask questions from the instructors.
It is a free training program that anyone can join. There are no prerequisites either.
Become a Data Analyst is an ideal data analyst training program for absolute beginners who want to pursue a career in data science or data analytics. It starts with the basics and gives a detailed data analytics and tools overview. Being a free program that includes a completion certificate, there is no point in not taking it.
5. Data Analyst Nanodegree Program
If you are interested in an advanced training program in SQL and Python, Data Analyst Nanodegree by Udacity is your best bet. It is a four-month professional data analyst training program that helps you take your programming and analytics skills to the next level.
It isn't for beginners, and the program has the following prerequisites:
- Experience with Python with a focus on Pandas and NumPy
- SQL experience
This program is convenient as it comes with several real-world projects, individual feedback, and review from instructors, mentor support, career services, and more. This makes it an excellent training program for people who need a pay increase or promotion.
The Data Analyst Nanodegree Program covers statistics, probability, inferential statistics, A/B tests, data wrangling, and complete data visualization with Python. It enables you to create your full-fledged data-driven solutions.
Here is an overview of the significant features of the program:
- A practical online training program focusing on Python and SQL
- Flexible schedule
- Real-world projects that help build a portfolio
- Personalized feedback on quizzes and projects
- Personalized career coaching and counseling help get a raise, promotion, or a new job
- The candidates receive resume services and a full professional LinkedIn profile review
- It has a student community where you can interact with fellow students
The training program costs $1,356. You can switch to a monthly payment plan that costs $399 for four months. You can also apply for financial support if you don't have enough funds due to Covid-19.
Data Analyst Nanodegree Program is suitable for experienced data analysts who know Python and SQL. This program will teach you advanced data analytics skills that will help you get a new job or promotion. The program packs projects and quizzes and aims to bring you a better job.
6. Data Analysis with Pandas and Python
Data Analysis with Pandas and Python is a data analyst course on Udemy by Boris Paskhaver, a software engineer, consultant, and author. The course has a 4.7-star rating by over 11K students. This shows a lot about the course and why we include it in our list.
The course has 15 sections, 168 lectures, and over 20 hours of video content. It also comes with four downloadable resources and seven coding exercises. The course teaches you data analysis techniques using Python's Pandas library. It is a beginner-friendly program that starts from the basics and goes to some advanced techniques like visualization.
It isn't for beginners. You must have prior Excel knowledge. You must have essential experience with Python programming and an understanding of data types. The experience isn't necessary but recommended.
Here is an overview of the major features of the Data Analysis with Pandas and Python:
- A high-rated data analyst training course on Udemy
- An advanced yet easy course with a lot of helpful material, including coding exercises
- A step-by-step course where you can set your own pace
- Receive a certificate that will help you get a promotion or a new job
- It teaches you a lot about pandas
- The subtitles are available in German, Italian, Spanish, French, and more
- The author is experienced and has a relevant background in data analytics
- The course comes with a 30-days money back guarantee
The course price is $19.99 with a 30-day money-back guarantee. It is an affordable training course that anyone can buy to learn Python.
Data Analysis with Pandas and Python is a cheap data analyst training program ideal for people with previous experience working with Excel and Python. This is the best course for you if you are already doing a job and know the ins and outs of data analytics. You can choose your schedule, upgrade your skills, and get a certificate.
Choose the Right Data Analyst Training Program
Whether you are an experienced data analyst or a beginner looking for your first job, enrolling in a relevant training program will help you stay ahead of the competition. You'll get a chance to polish your skills, acquire new skills, learn new tools and techniques, and grow your network.
If you are already doing a job, look for a data analyst training program that teaches you new techniques or a new tool. Avoid enrolling in a training program that teaches you something you already know or might not use in your career.
If you are a beginner or a fresh graduate interested in learning data analytics to work as a data analyst, you must go for a beginner-friendly training program. Start from the absolute basics. Don't hesitate. Invest your time and try to learn and master one tool (e.g., Python). Avoid being a jack of all trades.
Remember, the best data analyst training program is one that helps you get a job, career change, or promotion. That's the whole point of investing resources in a training program. Choose smartly and carefully.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are answers to some of the most common questions about data analytics training:
How do you become a data analyst?
The best way to become a data analyst is by taking courses and training programs. Many resources are available online, but not all of them will get you where you want to go. So, look through the options to find the best fit for you.
What are the top skills for a data analyst?
The top skills for a data analyst include data analysis skills, communication, and problem-solving. Problem-solving skills are also crucial because obstacles always block your way when it comes time to solve significant problems.
Which certification is best for data analysts?
The best certification for an analyst is by DataCamp. They are the renowned leader in the data analytics space.