Are you interested in becoming a data analyst and want to become an active part of the rapidly growing data analytics market? You can take one of the many routes to becoming a top data analyst but nothing beats data analyst training programs.
You get hands-on experience, skills, work on real-life projects, and develop your portfolio that helps you get a job quickly. Taking a short online (part-time or full-time) data analyst training course will equip you with the right skills that employers hunt for in their employees.
It all comes down to selecting and enrolling in the most appropriate data analyst training program based on your education, experience, and knowledge. We have critically reviewed and analyzed the best data analyst training programs so that you can compare and pick the right one instantly.
Here is an overview of the best training courses for data analysts:
1. DataCamp Data Analyst with R
The Data Analyst with R by DataCamp is a perfect training program for beginners who want to become a data analyst but have no prior knowledge of data analytics. This training program prepares you to become a data analyst and an expert in R. The program consists of 19 courses (over 77 hours of video content) that cover everything that you need to know to analyze data using R.
The best thing about Data Analyst with R is that it consists of multiple courses that are handpicked by industry experts. You'll get a chance to learn and interact with several instructors throughout your training program.
Here is an overview of the major features of this data analyst training program:
- A comprehensive and interactive training course
- No prerequisites. It is open for everyone with or without experience
- It comes with interactive exercises and real-world projects
- It covers importing, cleaning, manipulating, and visualization of data in R
- You'll learn some of the leading R packages such as ggplot2
- You get a chance to learn data analysis from the best instructors
- Basic overview of SQL and how to query data
- The training is divided into courses and each course is divided into small videos that you can watch at your own pace.
You'll need to create an account with DataCamp to access the course. The standard plan costs $12 per month with annual billing and you get access to more than 335 courses and over 50 skill tracks. This makes Data Analyst with R an affordable training program that you can use to enroll in other data analyst courses too.
Data Analyst with R is an online, self-paced, and interactive training program for beginners that require no previous experience. It is suitable for starters, entry-level, and career-changers. By the time you'll finish the training, you'll have a handful of projects in your portfolio that will help you get a data analyst job.
2. Excel to MySQL: Analytic Techniques for Business Specialization
Excel to MySQL is a comprehensive beginner-friendly analytics course by Duke University and offered via Coursera. It is an online training program that has 5 different courses. The timing is flexible making it ideal for people who are already doing a job.
The program is focused on using data in business-settings. It teaches you how to analyze data and present it in a user-friendly manner for decision-making. You'll learn Excel, MySQL, and Tableau as the primary data analytics tools.
The five courses of the Excel to MySQL: Analytic Techniques for Business Specialization are:
- Business metrics
- Data analysis in Excel
- Data visualization with Tableau
- Big data management using MySQL
- Data analytics for profitability.
The main features include:
- An online training program with a flexible schedule
- A beginner-friendly training program that has no enrollment prerequisites
- You get a sharable certificate after completion
- The training program is by Duke University and Airbnb is the official partner
- A highly practical training program where you have to complete a project
- You'll learn how to practically use Excel, MySQL, and Tableau
- Over 42% of candidates received a relevant job offer and 50% got a pay increase after completing the program.
The Excel to MySQL: Analytic Techniques for Business Specialization is available at Coursera and it costs $39 per month to access the training program. The best part is that you'll be able to access several other data analyst training programs once you subscribe.
If you are looking for a basic-level data analyst training program that will help get a new job or pay increase, you need to go with Excel to MySQL: Analytic Techniques for Business Specialization. It has a flexible schedule, you get a certificate, and work with real-world data.
3. Become a Data Analyst (LinkedIn Learning)
Become a Data Analyst is a free online training program offered by LinkedIn. It is designed for beginners who want to start their career as a data analyst or data scientist. The training has 7 courses and the length of the full program is around 24 hours. The timing is flexible and depends on you. If you want, you can complete the full training in a single day or a couple of months.
Here is an overview of the 7 courses in the training program:
- The basics of data analytics
- Data fluency that teaches you how to explore and describe data
- Using Excel for statistics and data analysis
- Data visualization
- Power BI training
- Tableau training
Here is a list of the major features of the Become a Data Analyst training program:
- An online training program with flexible timing
- No prerequisites
- Candidates receive certification upon completion
- Seven courses are taught by seven different experts from different fields
- The training program includes quizzes
- It covers everything related to data analytics and tools
- Self-paced program
- You can ask questions from the instructors.
It is a free training program that anyone can join. There are no prerequisites either.
Become a Data Analyst is an ideal data analyst training program for absolute beginners who want to pursue a career in data science or data analytics. It starts with the very basic and gives a detailed overview of data analytics and tools. Being a free program that includes a completion certificate, there is no point in not taking it.
4. Data Analyst Nanodegree Program
If you are interested in an advanced training program in SQL and Python, Data Analyst Nanodegree by Udacity is your best bet. It is a professional 4 months data analyst training program that helps you take your programming and analytics skills to the next level.
It isn’t for beginners and the program has the following prerequisites:
- Experience with Python with a focus on Pandas and NumPy
- SQL experience.
This program is highly practical as it comes with several real-world projects, individual feedback and review from instructors, mentor support, career services, and more. This makes it a great training program for people who need a pay increase or promotion.
The Data Analyst Nanodegree Program covers statistics, probability, inferential statistics, A/B tests, data wrangling, and complete data visualization with Python. It enables you to create your own full-fledged data-driven solutions.
Here is an overview of the major features of the program:
- A practical online training program that is focused on Python and SQL
- Flexible timing. You can set your own pace
- It comes with lots of real-world projects that help you build your portfolio
- You receive personalized feedback on your quizzes and projects from mentors
- Personalized career coaching and counseling help you get a raise, promotion, or new job quickly
- The candidates receive resume services and a full professional LinkedIn profile review
- It has a student community where you can interact with fellow students.
The training program is priced at $1,356. You can switch to a monthly payment plan that costs $399 per month for four months. You can also apply to receive financial support if you don’t have enough funds due to Covid-19.
Data Analyst Nanodegree Program is suitable for experienced data analysts who know Python and SQL. This program will teach you advanced data analytics skills that will help you get a new job or get a promotion. The program is packed with projects and quizzes and it is aimed at getting you a new better job.
5. Data Analysis with Pandas and Python
Data Analysis with Pandas and Python is a data analyst course on Udemy that’s created by Boris Paskhaver who is a software engineer, consultant, and author. The course has a 4.7-star rating by over 11K students and it has been enrolled by 138K+ students. This shows a lot about the course and why it has made it to this list.
The course has 15 sections, 168 lectures, and is over 20 hours of video content. It also comes with 4 downloadable resources and 7 coding exercises. The course teaches you data analysis techniques using Python’s Pandas library. It is a beginner-friendly program that starts from the basics and goes all the way to some advanced techniques like visualization.
It isn't for beginners. You must have prior Excel knowledge, you must have basic experience with Python programming, and an understanding of data types. The experience isn’t necessary but recommended.
Here is an overview of the major features of the Data Analysis with Pandas and Python:
- A high-rated data analyst training course on Udemy
- An advanced yet easy course with a lot of helpful material including coding exercises
- A step-by-step course where you can set your own pace
- You'll receive a certificate of completion that will help you get a promotion or a new job
- It teaches you a lot of stuff about pandas
- The subtitles are available in multiple languages including German, Italian, Spanish, French, and more
- The author is experienced and has a relevant background in data analytics
- The course comes with a 30-days money back guarantee.
The price of the course is $19.99 with a 30-day money back guarantee. It is an affordable training course that anyone can buy to learn Python.
Data Analysis with Pandas and Python is a cheap data analyst training program that is ideal for people who have previous experience of working with Excel and Python. If you are already doing a job and know the ins and outs of data analytics, this is the best course for you. You can choose your own schedule, upgrade your skills, and get a certificate.
Choose the Right Data Analyst Training Program
Whether you are an experienced data analyst or a beginner who is looking for his very first job, enrolling in a relevant training program will help you stay ahead of the competition. You'll get a chance to polish your skills, acquire new skills, learn new tools and techniques, and you'll grow your network.
If you are already doing a job, look for a data analyst training program that teaches you new techniques or a new tool. Avoid enrolling in a training program that teaches you something that you already know or might not use in your career ever.
If you are a beginner or a fresh graduate who is interested in learning data analytics to work as a data analyst, you must go for a beginner-friendly training program. Start from the absolute basics. Don’t hesitate. Invest your time and try to learn and master one tool (e.g. Python). Avoid being a jack of all trades.
Remember, the best data analyst training program is one that helps you get a job, career-change, or promotion. That’s the whole point of investing resources in a training program, right?
Choose smartly and carefully.