Are you looking for top-rated data analyst certifications in 2022 to help you land a job? You’re in the right place.
Data analytics is one of the fastest-growing global industries. The demand for big data analytics expects to cross $68.09 billion by 2025, and the global data analytics market expects to reach $77.64 billion by 2023. With this rise in data analytics, there is a significant increase in the number of jobs in the data science and analytics market.
If you want to start your career as a data analyst, getting a certification is one of the best ways to improve your chances of getting hired. A data analyst certification measures your skill and knowledge and helps you showcase your skill set to employers. Relevant certificates help you get hired fast.
Here is a review of the best data analyst certification, including a data analytics cert that will help you choose the right one.
Regarding accessibility and the amount of practical information, it’s hard to beat the data product manager course by Product Manager HQ. The course provides everything you need as a product manager to master data organization.
Lacking formal education in computer science can be daunting and demotivating. Since not many can afford formal education, they attend random courses online. But most of these courses are too technical and overwhelming. That’s where this course steps in. The course provides everything you need to learn about data management without choking you with technical jargon.
But while it keeps it simple, the course doesn’t stray away from teaching even more advanced skills, making it suitable both for beginners and more advanced data managers.
After finishing the course, you’ll get a certificate to help you find a job as quickly as possible.
- Product Metrics
- Analytical Frameworks
- Business Metrics
- Market Research
- Data Modeling
- Data Visualization
The course price is $499. In terms of pricing, the course sits somewhere in the middle. Nevertheless, due to the amount of knowledge you’re getting, it is a wise investment. If you aim to evolve as a product manager, investing in learning data mastery is a sure shot.
Certified Data Product Manager by Product Manager HQ is a great overall course for managers looking to expand their data analyst skills. If you’re serious about learning and having something to back up your knowledge, we recommend this course and its certificate. Find out more about the certificate here.
DataCamp has an extensive and diverse curriculum with courses that cater to your career in data analysis, from Python programmers to data scientists. Whether you’re a beginner or have been playing around for years, DataCamp’s got something for every data career path on their platform; it essentially offers “one-in-all” learning materials.
DataCamp has a variety of certifications for professionals who want to accelerate their careers in various fields, and they’re tailored specifically to those specialties. If you’re interested in pursuing an analytics career but don’t know where to start or what skills are needed, here are some of the certifications that they offer:
- Data Analysis in Excel
- Data Analysis in Spreadsheets
- Exploratory Data Analysis in Python
- Exploratory Data Analysis in SQL
- Exploratory Data Analysis in R
- Bayesian Data Analysis in Python
- SQL, Python, and R certifications for professionals
- The certificate suits people from diverse backgrounds, including product managers, developers, designers, and business analysts
- The largest community of data professionals
- It helps you showcase your data analysis skills
- It has the most complete ecosystem for learning anything data
The DataCamp website features different data analyst certifications that range from basic to more complex case studies. You can choose a free membership if you’re looking for something simple, or go with an unlimited yearly plan at $25 per month if you want all the tools of the trade.
DataCamp certificates expand your portfolio and help you gain a competitive edge in the job market. New data analyst skills are valuable, so it makes sense to add them even if they don’t come with immediate benefits. Plus, they’re affordable with DataCamp.
3. Microsoft Certified: Data Analyst Associate
Microsoft certification is one of the foremost data analyst certifications. The Data Analyst Associate is best for people who want to focus on becoming data analysts. You need to pass the DA-100 exam to get the certification. Here is an overview of the measured skills during the exam:
- Data prep
- Data modeling
- Data visualization
- Data analysis
- Maintain deliverables
The data analyst associate focuses on Power BI, the business analytics service Microsoft offers. So, you first need to ensure that you know the basics of Power BI and are interested in using it as the core data visualization tool.
The key features of the Microsoft data analyst associate certificate include:
- A powerful data analyst certificate that is most likely to land you a decent data analyst job
- You’ll learn everything about Power BI – a tool that will help you throughout your career
- Full exam preparation outline and material available
- Online vs. instructor-led learning options
- Available in four languages (English, Chinese, Korean, and Japanese)
- The exam consists of MCQs and case studies and has a duration of 180 minutes
- The certificate has no expiry
The cost for a Microsoft data analyst associate certificate is $165, and it may vary depending on your location. It is a reasonably priced certification that delivers a lot of value.
It is an intermediate-level certification and is suitable for those with a background in data analytics. Passing the exam and getting a certificate isn’t a big deal as you have all the material available online for free that you need to prep.
4. Microsoft Certified: Azure Data Scientist Associate
Azure Data Scientist Associate is a certificate for people who want to become a data scientist or are already working as a data scientist and want to learn about Azure. Microsoft Azure is the cloud computing service, and certification ensures you can design and run Azure environments. Machine learning is an essential part of the exam.
Here is an overview of the skills that the exam measures:
- Setting up Azure machine learning workspace
- Running experiments and models
- Model optimization
- Deployment and consumption of models
Having a certificate means you can deal with Azure and model optimization. It is an ideal certificate for data analysts who want to learn Azure and add more diverse skills to their portfolio.
The key features of the Azure certification are:
- Learn and master everything about Azure and managing hybrid cloud infrastructure
- Free online exam preparation material with a complete learning path
- Learn how to create predictive models without coding
- Advance your career in the data analyst or data science field
- Instructor-led learning opportunity
- No expiry date of the certificate
- Available in four languages: English, Korean, Chinese, and Japanese
The Azure certification is $165, which is affordable compared to other data analyst certifications. The price may vary depending on your country.
A certificate from Microsoft is considered valuable and will help you at your workplace. It is ideal for adding a new skill and tool to your portfolio at a fair price. It might not help you land a relevant job immediately, but the certificate will help you improve your skills.
5. SAS Certified Advanced Analytics Professional Using SAS 9
Do you prefer working with SAS as your analytics solution? The Advanced Analytics Professional Certification is your best bet to showcase your big data analytics and predictive modeling skills. It is a professional certificate for candidates who have previous experience working with SAS.
You’ll need to pass three exams to get the Advanced Analytics Professional Using SAS 9:
- Predictive Modeling Using SAS Enterprise Miner 7, 13, or 14
- SAS Advanced Predictive Modeling
- SAS Text Analytics, Time Series, Experimentation, and Optimization
SAS provides you with learning material for the certificate, including nine online courses, three certification exams, and unlimited access to the material for a year.
Here is a list of the key features of this advanced analytics certification by SAS:
- A professional certification that showcases a diverse set of technical skills
- Three exams to qualify for the certificate, ensuring you know everything about data analytics, SAS, predictive modeling, and machine learning
- High-quality learning material that gives you full access to cloud software so you can get hands-on experience to clear exams
- Real-world cases studies and full online e-learning course material simplify the learning process
- Personalized training for helping you clear your exams
The total price of the three exams is $610, and if you opt for the training material, it will cost you $1,295 per year, including the exam vouchers and online courses. It is pricey compared to Microsoft’s certifications, but a professional certificate is more likely to open several new doors for you.
The SAS Certified Advanced Analytics Professional Using SAS 9 will help you get a job as it’s a highly specialized and advanced certificate that not many data analysts have. It is for experienced individuals with at least six months of previous experience in programming in SAS or any other language. If you qualify, the investment is worth every penny.
6. Cloudera Certified Associate Data Analyst
Cloudera Certified Associate (CCA) Data Analyst is an ideal certification for SQL developers. The exam measures your skills in dealing with Hadoop data and generating reports in a CDH environment. It is an advanced certification suitable for people with prior experience with SQL.
Cloudera provides you with full training, which is a four-day data analyst training. It will prepare you for the exam by covering the full course material. You must have prior knowledge or experience working with SQL and Linux command lines.
Here is an overview of the key CCA data analyst certification:
- An advanced SQL certification for professionals
- The certificate suits people from diverse backgrounds including data analysts, developers, system architects, and database administrators
- Real-world problem resolution in the exam
- It helps you showcase your data analysis and SQL skills
- It comes with complete training that is helpful for entry-level data analysts and fresh graduates
The exam price is $295, making it more expensive than Microsoft’s certifications. If you want to opt for the data analyst training, it will cost you $3,195 for virtual classes and $2,235 for on-demand.
Cloudera data analyst certification is a highly specialized and professional cert for SQL developers who want to take their data analytics and management skills to the next level. The training program cost is high, but it isn’t necessary to go for it. You can jump straight to the exam if you know your way around SQL, Hadoop, and Linux.
7. Amazon Web Services Big Data Specialty Certification
Amazon Web Services (AWS) Big Data Specialty Certification is a professional big data certification for candidates having at least two years of experience as a big data analyst or data analyst via AWS technology. It is a dedicated role-based certification that helps you improve your skills related to AWS services.
Here is an overview of the skills that this certificate measures and endorses:
- Understanding of AWS big data services
- Design, maintenance, and implementation of big data architecture
- Ability to use tools to automate data analysis.
There are certain prerequisites and recommended skillset to qualify for the exam:
- You must have an AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner cert or any of the Associate-level certification
- Background in big data analytics and AWS big data services
- At least 5 years of experience in data analytics
This shows how advanced this certification is. You need quite a few things to qualify for the exam.
The core AWS big data specialty certification features include:
- An advanced certificate in big data analytics from a reputable organization
- You get exclusive access to AWS certified global community on LinkedIn
- You get digital badges that you can use on your website and social media accounts to showcase your skills
- Exclusive access to AWS certification lounges at AWS events
- Free practice exams
- A lot of free training material to help you prepare for the exam, including digital and virtual classrooms
- Free sample questions and an exam guide
- A complete exam preparation interface that shows you what certificates you need to complete in order to qualify for the specialty exam
- Available in English, Korean, Chinese, and Japanese
The AWS extensive data specialty certification costs $300, which is justifiable because it is a highly advanced certificate. It is a 170-minute full exam that consists of MCQs and multiple answer questions.
AWS Big Data Specialty Certification is the most advanced certificate on this list, with some arduous prerequisites. It specifically deals with big data analysis using AWS technology. This is the best certification if you are working with AWS services and want to move to the next level.
Upgrade Your Skills with the Right Data Analyst Certification
If you want to progress, experience isn’t enough in data analytics. The technology moves fast, and tools and services get upgrades ever so often. You must move at the same pace by acquiring new skills, learning new tools, and enriching your portfolio.
Data analyst certifications help you with this.
When you clear an exam and receive a certificate from a leading certification company (e.g., Microsoft, SAS, or Amazon), it endorses your skills that, otherwise, are hard to communicate.
The data analytics certification you choose must be relevant to your field and experience. When selecting a data analyst certificate, focus on two things. First, the certificate must be relevant to the tool or services you are already using. Second, don’t acquire skills you use at your current job. Instead, master advanced skills to help you jump to the next level.
The proper data analyst certification can change your career in no time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the most common questions about data analytics certifications:
Which certification is best for a data analyst?
The best certification for a data analyst is the one that fits your career path best. A data analyst certification from a reputed data analytics institute like Data Camp can go a long way. Ideally, the best certification will teach you how to manage projects with quantitative analysis and qualitative methods to identify decision-making points.
How do I become a Certified Data Analyst?
To become a certified data analyst, you should first learn data analytics and explore the different types of certifications available to you. Once you have chosen a certificate, enroll in an institution that offers it.
Is a data analyst certification worth it?
A data analyst certification is worth it if you want to pursue a data analytics career and the certification fits your interests. Those who have data analytics certification often see a significant salary increase.